Strategic Crisis Management
States are challenged with an increasing number and variety of crises which can create significant humanitarian, financial and functional setbacks. These crises might even spread beyond national borders, complexing the already perplexing situation.
Governments are expected to deliver appropriate responses to these crises in a very short time to protect their citizens and businesses as well as mitigate their impact. This requires thinking ahead and evaluating the risks, planning in advance and organising in a manner to manage these crises. Governments should further ensure that national authorities have the right tools and institutional framework for co-ordinated action.
This is a complex process which requires multi actor involvement including not only the governments (in case of a cross border crisis), government bodies, public institutions and universities but also the civil society from NGOs to business.
Moreover, the changing nature of the crises (to include cyber, epidemics/pandemics, etc.), the multiplication of actors from the states to terrorist groups and even individuals further force the states to have a thorough crisis management framework and officials capable of implementing crisis management procedures.
The overall aim of this training is to provide attendees with essential knowledge and required skills to manage crises independent of its type as well as to raise awareness on the importance of crisis management.
This course is designed for individuals with a civilian, police or military background either eager to participate in crisis management planning or prefer to work in crisis management bodies / peace operations in a national or international setting in the field. No background information is needed.
- Understand the overall crisis management strategy
- Have the essential knowledge for planning risk specific crisis management
- Have the required skills to implement crisis management procedure
- Have a better understanding of national and international crisis management operations
- Be aware of employing AI and big data for predictive crisis management
- Crisis Management Framework
- Strategic Crisis Management
- International Organisations conducting Crisis Management
- Crisis Management Procedures (CMP)
- Advance planning
- Early Warning Systems
- Crisis Management Concept
- CONOPS – OPLAN
- After Action Review / Lessons Learned
- Improving crisis response procedures
- Advanced Crisis Management Implementations
Predictive Crisis Management (employing AI and big data)
(Comprehensive) Operations Planning
Crisis Management Case Studies (Workshop)
Our Clients Are Like Family
We don’t believe in “catalogue” one-size-fits-all solutions. All our contents are shaped in close coordination with our clients and tailored to their needs.
+32 (0) 2 801 13 57-58
Davincilaan 1, 1932 Brussels Belgium
© Copyright HGA 2017-2023