Terms and Conditions, Privacy and GDPR Policies
Our Terms and Conditions, Privacy and GDPR Policies were posted on 30 JULY 2019 and last updated on 03 SEP 2019. They govern the privacy terms of our website and database, located at https://horizonglobalacademy.eu/, and the tools we provide you (the “Website” or the “Service”).
Our Website contains links to other Websites owned or operated by different parties other than Horizon Global Academy. Such links are provided for your reference only. Horizon Global Academy does not monitor or control outside Websites and is not responsible for their content and policies.
Horizon Global Academy’s inclusion of links to an outside Website does not imply any endorsement of the material on our Website or, unless expressly disclosed otherwise, any sponsorship, affiliation or association with its owner, operator or sponsor, nor does Horizon Global Academy inclusion of the links imply that Horizon Global Academy is authorized to use any trade name, trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the linked Website.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, Name, Address, State, Province, Postal code, City, Cookies and Usage Data.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information about how our academy portal and database is accessed and used. This usage data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in Horizon Global Academy portal.
The security of your data is very important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
What are cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The cookies we may set
Horizon Global Academy website (will) offer(s) newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data to through a form, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third party cookies
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
We have just released updates for all of our website and/or plugins to improve compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union.
The new EU GDPR will be enforced on May 25th, 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in the EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. The GDPR aims primarily to give control back to residents and citizens over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU. (Source: Wikipedia.org) For more information about the GDPR, please see this Infographic from the European Commission and GDPR Portal.
Local fonts instead of Google Fonts
Loading Fonts from the Google Web Fonts API might be not compliant with the GDPR since the IP address of your website visitors is personal data and transferred to Google for the request.
To ensure GDPR compliance, we have just released updates for our website. After installing the update, our website will now embed all fonts locally instead of loading them from Google. You won’t notice any visual changes since the themes still use the same fonts, but from your own server.
Installing our latest updates improves compliance with the GDPR but is NO GUARANTEE that your browsers, built-in extensions and other components of your networks fully complies to all rules. There might be other plugins you are using which are affected by the GDPR. Please contact a GDPR consultant or lawyer to assess your complete website.
Payments and registration
The cost of tuition for the training is as follows:
- The course/seminar tuition fee includes, online/offline course materials.
- Horizon Global Academy (HGA) provides light refreshments during morning and afternoon breaks.
- The course tuition fee does not include accommodation, meals, travel or any other expenses that may be incurred by attendees.
- Training fees must be paid prior to start of the trainings, courses or seminars.
- All local bank charges are for delegate’s account.
- All HGA course fees are subject to the current Belgian VAT.
- Registration is only finalised upon receipt of training fees in full and subject to approval of HGA. Applicants are requested to pay the programme fee no later than 10 business days after the application date.
- An Early Bird Ticket option will be granted to participants whose course fees are paid at least 45 days prior to the start of the training course.
Should circumstances require you to cancel your participation at one of the training courses, the following charges will apply:
- More than 4 weeks prior to start of the training course-No penalty (Except for 30€ admission fee)
- More than 2 weeks and less than 4 weeks prior to start of the training course – 25% of the course fee
- Less than two weeks prior to start of the training course – full fee.
- Therefore, it is subject to approval of HGA, transferring of registration to a colleague is possible.
- All cancellations or transfers are to be communicated in writing. We will provide confirmation of your cancellation or transfer within 5 working days.
If you do not attend a training course, and you have not previously informed us, the full course fee remains payable.
- On occasion, unforeseen circumstances may require HGA to cancel a course. In such circumstances you will be given as much notice as possible and either a transfer to another course date or a full refund of training course fees.
- HGA has no responsibility to refund any costs other than the course, seminar or training program.
The right of ownership in respect of all original work created by consultants, lecturers and the experts of HGA remains the property of the HGA.
- Any complaint concerning HGA invoices shall be lodged in writing within 8 days of invoice date.
- All disputes will be decided by the Court of Flemish Brabant Province even in case of plurality of defendants, actions in intervention and dispute abroad.
By registering to one of our programme, you’re allowing HGA the right to use you information for networking purposes, to receive follow-up emails about recent and upcoming programmes. At any time, if you want to change your information or data, unsubscribe from our email communications, remove yourself from the database or if you don’t feel yourself comfortable with our privacy and GDPR policies or our amended general terms and conditions, then without any hesitation, please contact us directly by clicking here.