Defence Planning and Resource Management
Defence Planning and Resource Management domain aims to employ the methods and practices of defence planning and management tools to maximize different units’ role and performance to achieve a particular desired (institutional) objective by evolving pragmatic solutions.
While nations plan for the future, they base their processes on estimation, prediction and guess. Planning is based on assumptions prepared today and some consequences of the assumptions of yesterday. Defence planning, as Colin Gray (2014) said, ‘is all about meeting the challenges of uncertainty and dilemmas’ to prepare the organisation or country for a situation which is not known, not having proper knowledge and skills.
Defence management is present, happens at all levels of an organisation and it governs all activities. It starts with the formulation of policies through direction and control, including all aspects of service life. To govern this domain, one needs to understand and interpret the environment within military, known as the situational awareness. After possessing it, one can plan, organise, direct, coordinate, and control the internal efforts of the army.
- Peace operations planners (International Organisations)
- Government officials
- Security experts
- Explain the main defence planning and management concepts by providing advice to future organisational development.
- Employ defence management methods and tools to recommend effective and efficient organisations.
- Examine the decision-making of organisations in managing resources.
- Apply the management toolkit (problem identification, stakeholders and SWOT analysis, etc.)
– Principles of Defence Planning and Management
– Planning methodologies
– Resource management
– Applying planning/management tools.
Our Clients Are Like Family
We don’t believe in “catalogue” one-size-fits-all solutions. All our contents are shaped in close coordination with our clients and tailored to their needs.
+32 (0) 2 801 13 57-58
Davincilaan 1, 1932 Brussels Belgium
© Copyright HGA 2017-2023